Daily Update~Loch Garten Nest~ Sunday, 17 May 2015

Welcome to another day in the 2015 season. Yesterday looked to be quite a peaceful day for EJ and Odin, and with Fenrir not seen for some time, and the fact the the blue ringed male hasn't made an appearance on the web cam, seems to indicate that the season while absent of the chicks, we always look forward to, should at least continue on a relatively peaceful mode for EJ The Phenomenal, and Odin The Magnificent.   

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• scylla said:

Hello CRINGER!  We were worried about you, you scoundrel, staying away like that!

It's very nice to see you :-*

Thanks Scylla, antibiotics starting to kick in on an infection, so feeling better than I have in a few days

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Trying and everyone else I worry about next year as these youngsters will be a year older in their development... The incumbents will be a year older and the new boys and girls have that nest earmarked...just a thought.    

• Unknown said:

Trying and everyone else I worry about next year as these youngsters will be a year older in their development... The incumbents will be a year older and the new boys and girls have that nest earmarked...just a thought.    

Know any osprey nest builder in the area?

• CRinger said:

any one else been in the forward hide?

More times than I care to remember! I painted it with RT when it arrived. Pretty sure someone would have spruced it up since then.

[/quote]spruced. .now there is a great word but I don't think it describes the forward hide it must be how you left it CRinger. However I just love being in there especially on a summer night sitting cosy in my sleeping bag, cuppa in hand and listening to the sounds of the forest, which is only beaten by the sun rising shining  through the trees, lighting the cobwebs and the birds of all kinds lighting your day with their chattering.

• Yes but he is very busy with his nests and he isn't getting any younger..

• Unknown said:

Trying and everyone else I worry about next year as these youngsters will be a year older in their development... The incumbents will be a year older and the new boys and girls have that nest earmarked...just a thought.    

That thought had crossed my mind too Wendy.

• CRinger said:

Hello CRINGER!  We were worried about you, you scoundrel, staying away like that!

It's very nice to see you :-*

Thanks Scylla, antibiotics starting to kick in on an infection, so feeling better than I have in a few days

[/quote]Good to hear you are feeling better :)

• Lmac I wish they would get better chairs..

Some of us are no spring chickens and it plays havoc with your back.

• Unknown said:

If it wasn't for the Ospreys current rarity in the UK, would they get such high levels of protection and media focus.

What if there was a 1000 breeding pairs.

Would not inter-family feuds, and territory battles ensue much more, just as in many other species of nature.
    A lot has been done to try and right the wrongs man inflicted on the Osprey in the past, but, in my view, nature has to be allowed to adjust its natural balance itself.

• Wendy I had forgotten  just how uncomfortable they are, you forget so easily as you watch the little tree creepers 6 inches from you or the red squirrels playing on the roof or craning your neck to see who is flying overhead. God I just love that place :)