DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Friday, 15 th May 2015

EJ Finally Mugs Fenrir For The Fish.

Well yesterday there was little change on the nest - much the same as the last few days.
However EJ did get one over Fenrir as he was tormenting EJ with the fish he brought to the nest and EJ managed to nab the fish off him. I am sure all who were watching jumped for joy but we should remember Ospreys do what Ospreys do.
EJ continues to incubate the remaining egg, which I personally think is no longer any good. But what do I know ? EJ will know best of all. As for our boy Fenrir he continues working to try and get EJ off the nest so he can remove the remaining egg. It must be very hard on Odin to try to deal with what is going on as he can’t be everywhere at once. It must also be hard on Jen and her team and the volunteers so I do feel for them as they can see a lot more of what’s going on off camera so it can’t be any fun for them so far this season.
I would like to thank on behalf of the posters on here Birdie Num Num, WendyB, Mary GK and Lmac for keeping us updated  when they come back from LG with their reports so a big thank you – we also look forward to hearing about Hellen’s visit.

So a new day has started so what will happen now? God only knows.
I do hope and pray for one thing that this gets this nest sort out soon and that no Osprey gets seriously injured or worse killed.

But please remember  Ospreys are Ospreys and will do what their instincts tell them to do - we can only sit back and  wait for it all to get sorted.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here