Daily Update ~ Loch Garten Nest ~ Tuesday, 12 May 2015

It is a huge privilege to start this new thread, especially after a day like yesterday.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my mother, father, all ospreys worldwide and Tiger for drawing in his claws and stepping back.

I wish us all a less confused day of watching and attempting to interpret, and EJ and Odin the very best luck in the world in their defence of the most famous Osprey nest in the world.

Greetings all fellow 'midnighters'.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Thanks for starting the new DU, CRinger :) Hi to all the night shift Ospreyholics.  EJ looks quite peaceful just now and I hope she's having lovely Osprey dreams. Who knows what today will bring because yesterday was kinda crazy for the poor girl. It was kinda crazy for us too, with 842 posts. Here's hoping we'll find out for definite, what males were on the nest. We'll probably never know why Odin was missing for so long. My guess is injury or illness but of course that's just a guess. I strongly hope EJ gets presented with some massive fish.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Well I'm gutted to report that I can only wake a brief flying visit this night shift :(  Unfortunately I have to go and roost.

Happy watching, everyone :)

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Goodnight, HERON, glad you could pop in even if for such a short time :-)

EJ is head-up now:

IMAGICAT

• ...and head down!

...and I missed dear Paul. But I will have to check out soon, too. I am giving a final review tomorrow - semester is so close to ending now.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• But no, she is dozy but definitely awake. Head back up.

• Up w-a-y too early this morning for an early start out, but thought I'd pop in to see how things are going on the nest just now.

What a day yesterday!  She well deserves a peaceful night to recuperate from all the carryings-on.

Hope the remainder of the night/morning continue to be quiet for all concerned.

Thanks to everybody for the hard work yesterday - I just gave up completely with trying to recognise who was who, and decided not to speculate ............ though I'm still eager to believe that we DO have Odin back reunited with his, AND OUR, beautiful EJ :-).

Please keep an eye on them while I'm missing-in-action today - I'm off down to Swansea for the day with my son.  Hmm wonder if I can get him to detour around Dyfi ...................... ;-).

Doasyouwouldbedoneby

• Unknown said:
    Thanks to everybody for the hard work yesterday - I just gave up completely with trying to recognise who was who, and decided not to speculate ....

My feelings exactly! Have a good trip converting someone new to ospreyitis! :)

• Good night, all --- wishing for a less confusing and resolving day tomorrow...

• Have a nice day, OLLIE!

Goodnight, CC :-*

It's raining, but not heavily.

EJ is very alert now and looking over her shoulder in Odin mode.  You'd think nothing was wrong :'(

IMAGICAT

• Okay I had to peek in one more time - she is squeaking already! Day beginning like any "normal day" --- hah!

scylla said:
    You'd think nothing was wrong :'(

Hello scylla glad to have overlapped with you!