Daily Update ~ Loch Garten Nest ~ Sunday, 10 May 2015

Well not unexpectedly the season came to an end on Saturday morning when the intruding male broke the final egg. 

As EJ is still in brooding mode she is still spending a lot of time on the nest brooding non existent eggs.

It now remains to be seen what will happen next. A variety of things could happen but as always with ospreys they will usually surprise us.

I guess the only way to find out is to keep watching.  

• Unless it is the stuttering cam, I don't think I have seen EJ sleeping with her head under her wing before. She appears to be sleeping very deeply after all her trauma. Sleep well dear EJ.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thank for starting the day Tiger.  We will all be watching, together, and willing for a happy outcome for EJ, whatever she may choose or whatever may befall her.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thanks for starting the new DU, Tiger. EJ looks like she's roosting quite deeply. She deserve a decent kip, after all the drama she's been through.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Hi all

I have just finished catching up on yesterday with a heaviness in my heart. Thank you Scylla, Moffer, Limpy and all of you who posted over the last 24 hours. Thank you Lmac, WendyB for your observations following your visits to LG too.

Watching EJ on the nest still in brooding mode, having lost both her mate and her prospective offspring is truly heartbreaking. Reading Jen's blog, the anguish of the LG team is also palpable, and I have enormous sympathy for what they have been going through. It must be doubly hard to go through this turmoil without Richard's extensive experience to guide the younger team members.

Thank you Tiger, for starting this new daily thread. I'm not sure I wholly agree with you that the season came to an end yesterday morning. The way I see it, EJ is still with us, several more ospreys are still around and a new male is claiming the territory, even if he is not yet showering EJ with the fish gifts she deserves.

I do agree wholeheartedly with you that we have no idea what will happen next, and that ospreys always surprise us. The LG season has been devastatingly derailed, but in my mind it is not over by any stretch of the imagination :)

Chocoholix shiny new 2018 Interactive Osprey & Chick Chart! (with clickable links!)

• What a lovely post, CHOCO :-*

Thank you for starting the new DU, TIGER :-*

The depression is setting in here tonight.

EJ has just been alerted by ???

• Hey Scylla!

All seems calm again now, hope it stays that way and you too can get some rest. I am off to tuck my head under my wing too!

Chocoholix shiny new 2018 Interactive Osprey & Chick Chart! (with clickable links!)

• EJ's awake now. Heartbreakingly she started to shuffle non-existant eggs a few moments ago. Just shows how strong the brooding instinct is.

EJ's had hard times before in her life but she's fought back from them. That's one of the many things I love about her.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Actually I have forgotten that the event of the year, indeed the decade is still due this year. Yes Breagha should be coming home. 

• EJ is up and has been flapping - more on sound than on vision :-(

I wonder if she wakes and 'performs' routinely, then suddenly the new reality dawns on her?

Forlorn:

• chocoholix said:
    you too can get some rest

I've just woken up for the night shift, CHOCO ;-D  Have a good night.

TIGER, I edited my first post above to thank you for starting the DU - I was thanking you in my head, sincerely.

The cam is on glare again tonight.  Now that the Centre is in mourning and under pressure, even more so since the eggs were lost, it's not possible to contact them about it - and Carnyx is incommunicado, so there's nothing can be done about it.