WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MAY 3, 2015

Hallo all

Check out last week's thread for holiday shots from Lindybird and funnies from dibnlib.

That was a large baby (by today's standards). Anyone remember how much George weighed? I see Alice and Charlotte are the top name choices - both are pretty. I'm waiting for the call asking my opinion! :-)

Lindybird: That's a lovely beach.

dibnlib: Good for you standing up for yourself re your work hours. Hope it brings a positive change - regardless. Love the rear of that wine truck. :-)

Heather: A shame about your dinner. Hope the guest of honor enjoyed his.

Guy came this morning and tree and plants are now nicely tucked up in the soil. He told me his crew is available for half-day jobs (trimming, etc.), which I'll certainly keep in mind.  Off to daughter's to pick up the guinea pig tomorrow morning; then home for appointment with possible house painter.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Unknown said:
    That was a large baby (by today's standards). Anyone remember how much George weighed? I see Alice and Charlotte are the top name choices - both are pretty. I'm waiting for the call asking my opinion! :-)

Morning, all!  I can't remember what George weighed but 8lb 3oz is a respectable weight, especially as the Duchess of Cambridge is quite slender.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, and thanks to a busy Annette for starting us off. Glad that you finally got the tree planting done. Prince George Alexander Louis weighed 8lb 6oz, according to the BBC Site, which has an interesting family tree page. Looks as if they may not rush to announce her name as his wasn't until 2/3 days after his birth.
  • Very wet here, and disconcerting for my OH who was off to a Manchester golf course for a golfing competition. Now he's hoping its not being cancelled as the course may be soaked by all night rain.
  • Morning, Lindy.  George weighed only an ounce less than Helen, then.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning, Clare. Hope Helen is still doing well with her studies. Heather: Sorry to hear that your meal was so disappointing - so annoying when its for a celebration and you're expecting something decent as you've chosen the venue carefully.
  • Hello everyone long time since I have had the chance to spend time reading this thread. Sitting in sunroom with coffee, toast and Tapaidh watching the birds on the feeders and the big grey clouds unfortunately sweeping over the mountains.  Do we have a name yet for royal baby. I can't imagine having a baby in the morning and then having to be paraded in front of the world's press by the afternoon with face on and hair done.

Sorry photo is sideways but this is from my Window and is glenfeshie

• Clare is it exam time for Helen. How is the job hunt going.

• Helen is now in Year 10 and is taking a GCSE in statistics this year - she's also taking part of her GCSE in science.  She should do reasonably well in both if she manages to stay confident.

The job hunt is going badly - it's almost as if every time I turn up somewhere there's a sign over my head saying 'Forthright individual.  Avoid if you want a quiet life!'.  I'm getting increasingly disheartened at the idea of trying to be what the employers actually want when I know if I succeed at doing so I'll just be increasingly miserable.

• Awe Clare that is such a shame. I am very confident you will find the right position, in the meantime you certainly don't appear to be idle which is great. You and Limpy seem to be out and about. Hope the weather stays decent

Exams how horrible, it was O  grades and Highers in my day and I can't work out the new style at all. I am just very glad it is all behind me.

Think parts of Scotland are expecting snow again today, oh joy, when will end.