Daily Update Thursday 30th April 2015

Relentless Attacks by Three Intruders.

Well yesterday I had hoped that it would be a peaceful nest - how wrong I turned out to be.

Throughout yesterday there were countless attacks by three ospreys on the nest - as we watched in horror these three ospreys landed on the nest and also on EJ, with EJ protecting the nest and the eggs and Odin trying to chase off the three intruders. This could not have come at a worse time as EJ has just laid three eggs so I would imagine that would have taken it out of her - also with Odin having to keep chasing them off and sticking around to protect EJ and the nest he is not finding the time to fish. So what is going to happen today?

I would like to think that they will have given up but I doubt it is going to be that easy for EJ and Odin.  I would also like to say that EJ and Odin are a formidable pair and I can’t see them losing their nest.  She is living up to her Phenomenal reputation as Odin is being Magnificent.
Just a thought – EJ will be 18 years old next month.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here