WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY APRIL 26, 2016

Happy New Week.

• When we visited LG at the end of May in 2013 there had been snow a week and a half earlier and there was still plenty of it on the mountains!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I should be used to it Clare after 14 years...

Snow on the tops all year is good for the plants up there;-)

• You say that, Wendy, but after a lifetime living in East Anglia I know I'm staying put!!  I couldn't ever imagine getting used to snow in April and May - especially knowing the weather's beautiful in this part of the world.

Scotland is still a fantastic part of the world, though.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Ah but it is now slushy ... Gone by tomorrow and garden which was as dry as dust has had a good soaking;-)

Lived outside of Bishops Stortford for 4 years and got snowed on there more times than up here:-)

• I think the south Suffolk coast has a weather system all its own.  Snow frequently misses us and hits places further inland - except of the memorable winter of 2009/2010 when we were hit worse than everywhere!

• Good Evening ALL. We had rain and drizzle up to midday and then just a grey cloudy day. Sorry for those of you with the snow. We went out for lunch and then on to the Garden Centre. We want to change parts of the garden, so we are looking for ideas. We won't be able to do anything until the retaining wall of sleepers, hidden concrete bricks and RSJ's ( which will also be disguised and hidden} has all been completed. We still need to prune some bushes before work starts on May 21st. We have not only filled our own garden bin. We have also filled a neighbour 's bin and have another neighbour's bin, which has been offered for us to use.

Annette, Thanks for starting our week. Hope you are relaxing now. 

I am probably too late, to wish AQ, A Happy Birthday and holiday. I was wondering which episode of Poldark she is viewing, or is she seeing the same as us.

OG, I thought British Gas only worked on a Sunday, if you had a breakdown in the system. Excellent that they have done your service.

Heather, Lovely when you have a surprise family visit. I have never made a pizza. In fact, we no longer have them, as OH has found, a couple of years ago, that cheese was causing him to have migraines !!  

Just about to have a cup of tea and be ready to watch Poldark at 9pm 

• Unknown said:
    We have not only filled our own garden bin. We have also filled a neighbour 's bin and have another neighbour's bin, which has been offered for us to use.

Brenda, you have some wonderful neighbours.

Unknown said:
    OH has found, a couple of years ago, that cheese was causing him to have migraines !!  

That would be my worst nightmare come true as I love cheese.  My intolerance is, funnily enough, to fish!

• We do , Clare. There are only four houses in our Close and we all help each other, when needed, but of course, we all respect each others privacy. 

• Sounds like a nice place to live.  We also live at the end of a close.

• Trouble is, Clare, OH loves all kinds of cheese. As he is not a great fish eater, he would prefer your intolerance. LOL