KIELDER OSPREYS - 2015

Please post any comments relevant to Kielder in this thread. 

• Jaydee - This was fantastic news to hear of today.

In addition to the three that have returned from fledge at nest 2 and combined with returnees from nest 1 your return rate is fantastically good for the osprey population.

I make it five in total since a couple attempted to set up a nest in 2008 but may of mis-read my records.

Yellow 37 has certainly plyed his part and now his brother needs to add a few.

Congratulations and am sure you are delighted that you and all your volunteers hard work pays off when you hear news like this.

• Unknown said:
    I make it five in total since a couple attempted to set up a nest in 2008 but may of mis-read my records.

Thanks for the congrats, we are very delighted indeed.

Five is correct, Keith. Yellow 37's offspring have been exceptionally successful. And sightings of 2 from 7 fledglings for the original unringed Nest 1 pair is good too. Especially as one, Blue 35, bred last year at Foulshaw Moss.

• So pleased to read the latest news, Jaydee. Very understandable, why you are so delighted. Congratulations to all the team. ( also to the ospreys)

• Unknown said:

There is some great news from Kielder and Glaslyn re one of the juveniles.   Will let Joanna break the fab news LOL 

Better late than never, Mary, I couldn't log in earlier I'm afraid. AMAZING news, a Kielder offspring lands on her grandparents' nest edge! 

[/quote]

It just keeps getting better and better for Kielder Jaydee.... long may it last and you are rewarded with a very successful season just like last year.  

• Thank you Jaydee for keeping us so informed.      UV is certainly not boring to follow as you say, he is on the look out no doubt for the best spot :-)   

Those dwarf fish are certainly not worth diving for LOL....   

• Thank you jaydee. That was quick!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/