T(or not)In The Park

A Google search revealed this so I have started a new thread has been suggested.

• That seems clear enough, amazing they are getting away with it!

• If the twitter feed from Stag which says both birds on the nest is not now all irellevant as they are clearly nesting. Or am I wrong.

Anyway I have been outside dog walking/garden centring and have seen no tv news did somebody run the story and I can try and see on catchup tv.

• The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 is known as a Common Enforcers’ Act, which means that anybody can bring a prosecution against any individual or company that has compromised the terms and conditions of the Act.

Is any of the relevant legislation superseded by the Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act 2004? Could they be 'hiding' behind that or does all the Schedule 1 protection also apply in Scotland? I don't know the answer to that, but maybe someone else can confirm?

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi monkeycheese. I think my post of 11.00 am today covered this. The Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act 2004 gives EXTRA powers in Scotland and I believe there may already be sufficient evidence to warrant prosecution under BOTH of the new subsections added by the NCSA 2004. Certainly an investigation by the police at the very least.

Schedule 1 species certainly apply in Scotland and the Osprey is one of them.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I'm clearly missing something rspb now want to speak to DF re mitigating disturbance to allow the concert to go ahead - what????? How is that going to be acieved unless the venue is changed, 85000 people hanging around on an estate not to mention the noise and those who will wander where they shouldn't given trespass does not exist in Scotland how can all these people be policed in a zone so as not to disturb wildlife.

• Well, I've signed the petition but my heart is sinking. Clearly the RSPB in Scotland mut be getting a back hander or something - I just don't get it

• CRinger said:

Hi monkeycheese. I think my post of 11.00 am today covered this. The Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act 2004 gives EXTRA powers in Scotland and I believe there may already be sufficient evidence to warrant prosecution under BOTH of the new subsections added by the NCSA 2004. Certainly an investigation by the police at the very least.

Schedule 1 species certainly apply in Scotland and the Osprey is one of them.

My apologies. I must have missed that in my hurry to add to the thread.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• I'm beginning to think that this famous ornithologist they're consulting will actually turn out to be Ian Botham.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning all, Karen I signed petition tweeted by ValGall forwarded to my by a past poster(a friend) Is this the same one? Or sign both. I must admit my heart sank on reading the latest news :(

It seems to me that they just move the goal posts. Disturbing wildlife is disturbing wildlife wether active or not. They prevented the returning ospreys by firing sonic blasts and the cherry picker. I am just dismayed :((

• Morning all. Willow the birds are back and on their old nest and cherry picker has been removed. However df are questioning the authenticity of the footage. So now rspb allegedly want to liaise to mitigate disturbance to allow the concert to go ahead. I can't see how that can possibly happen and if a illegal act was committed the other day hence the rspb long awaited involvement why would the now wish to negotiate? ??