T(or not)In The Park

A Google search revealed this so I have started a new thread has been suggested.

• Unbelievable!!!!!

'Festival organisers had hoped a cherry picker, complete with saltire and balloons, would be enough to discourage the Osprey pair from returning.' Is this not an admission that an offence under Section 1(bb) - 'obstructs or prevents any wild bird from using its nest' has already been committed?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I have just voted on Starling's link.

• Maybe send this quote to the council, or would it be inadmissible because it is not a direct quote from the perpetrators?

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Gosh, what a cheek to say they are sure the festival will go ahead even though there is no planing permission yet! And all that disruption they have already caused is surely illegal.Thanks for the petition, I have signed, and will look at objecting too.

• I have signed and shared on facebook. Desperately searching for my blood pressure tablets.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:

Unbelievable!!!!!

'Festival organisers had hoped a cherry picker, complete with saltire and balloons, would be enough to discourage the Osprey pair from returning.' Is this not an admission that an offence under Section 1(bb) - 'obstructs or prevents any wild bird from using its nest' has already been committed?

I suppose if the organisers are being advised by a senior Perthshire Osprey Orthonolisist and Class 1 ringer of ospreys in Perthshire to the contrary then I suppose they do not think they are commiting any offence.

RSPB say the nest is active - The orthonologist say the ospreys are not "Nesting" so no offence being committed in their minds.

I think the SNH who licence this orthonologist should come out and make a satement whether this nest is active or whether the birds are regarded as nesting or not.

AUCHTERARDER are not the town who say NO contrary to Mrs Roberts comments. I live 10minutes from Auchterarder and we welcomed a world event last summer The Ryder Cup and we never destroyed any osprey nests or wildlife.

I am particular dissappointed at the advice and action that this Perthshire Osprey expert is providing to DF Concerts and The Roberts.

I was at the nest last Saturday and at that time they had re-errected the cherry picker and blasting out sonic scarers which appeared to frighten off the birds and this was on the advice of the orthonologist.

• If it is the famous ornithologist, we heard in the radio interview, why is he not quoting this law and stopping the concert.

Edit, I didn't see your post before I posted, Keith. Sorry. 

• BrendaH if you are referring to Radio Scotland interview then NO. Roy Dennis is not a Perthshire Orthonologist.

I will not name him but is well known and is named in the objections and mitigations to P & K council and posted on their site.

• Unknown said:

Unbelievable!!!!!

I suppose if the organisers are being advised by a senior Perthshire Osprey Orthonolisist and Class 1 ringer of ospreys in Perthshire to the contrary then I suppose they do not think they are commiting any offence.

RSPB say the nest is active - The orthonologist say the ospreys are not "Nesting" so no offence being committed in their minds.

I think the SNH who licence this orthonologist should come out and make a satement whether this nest is active or whether the birds are regarded as nesting or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be more than happy attempting to prosecute under S1 (ba) 'at any other time takes, damages, destroys or otherwise interferes with any nest habitually used by any wild bird included in Schedule A1.'

Under this subsection whether or not the birds are nesting or the nest is active is irrelevant.

[/quote]