Dyfi Ospreys - April 2015

Good morning, all!  This month should see Monty and Glesni making their return (if all goes well!).  I must say that SunnyKate2's last post on the January to March thread is well worth investigating!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Not reading all the way back but thanks for updates, vids and pics.  Scylla that one of Monty trying to scrape and falling over , so funny.  Wonder what will happen then if Glesni arrives back to find another Missus has claimed the attentions of Monty.   

Just seen that one is roosting on the wide perch on the nest.

• scylla said:

OK, WENDY, I'm editing my post to more accurately reflect my feelings on seeing his plight ;-)

Don't amend it Scylla 'cos it's true ... it was hilarious!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Scylla. Thanks for finding and posting that upside-down vid of Monty... as you say hilarious.

Now I shan't feel quite so bad, self-conscious, or foolish myself next time I go head over heels, as it seems it can happen to even the natural worlds best, :-D

• Evening all! Nice to be back in a warm flat of an evening!

Thanks for the Monty flip-video - that's a cracker! I do hope Emyr will post an HD version with funny music!

Chocoholix shiny new 2018 Interactive Osprey & Chick Chart! (with clickable links!)

• Just returned home having been out all day - a charity performance of Messiah at the Royal Festival Hall this evening. On the tube home, I was thinking whether it would be a Hallelujah Chorus of welcome for Monty when I logged on! So glad he is home safe and sound but do wish Glesni had beaten Blue24 back...

• I assume this is Blue24 on nest perch - she is so determined to make this nest her own

(c) Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust     http://www.dyfiospreyproject.com/stream

• scylla said:
    "Monty loses his dignity on the nest"

Of course this reminds me of my first season of watching a cam on Long Island = Tiger and Daisy will remember DPOF, and this video of Dennis!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Morning all

Second mating but still shouting for FISH CHOL:):)

copyright Dyfi