THE LG OSPREY GABFEST FOR MARCH 2015

google earth streetwalk

IN THE HUMAN BREAST HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

In February we said goodbye to Millicent, EJ's 100th chick to fledge from the famous nest. We continue to watch Breagha, our only remaining tagged  osprey juvenile.

In March we await the arrival of EJ and Oden, to start another family of fascinating bobbleheads. 

• As we move into March and the month our ospreys start their journey north may I wish all our readers and neighbours from Wales.

Dydd Gwŷl Dewi Sant hapus.

Click on the picture to listen to the Trelawnyd Male Vpice Choir sing "Bring Him Home" with lovely scenes of Wales.

• Thanks, Keith, for reminding us of this important day with this beautiful music.

•  From Facebook

March is also the month that includes the official arrival of spring.  We cannot have spring without some daffodils. What better source than Dyfi Osprey Project with a picture of their nest and another ST. David's Day greeting.

• But it isn't spring quite yet in southwest Ohio with a current temp of 27F (well below freezing) and a light snow falling. We still have 6 or 8 inches of accumulated snow.

• Hello and welcome to March all you Gabbers!

First of all, thank you for the explanations of "the gloaming" as well as the songs that give it cultural context. Keith, Andy's "Roaming in the Gloaming" made me tap my foot and June, I loved the more nostalgic "The Gloaming" as well. But what I really loved was your inclusion of "All God's Creatures have a Place in the Choir" which is a forgotten favorite of mine. And Celtic Thunder really makes a fun performance of it - I did not know about them. But then I read that George Donaldson died last year, unexpectedly, and that made me sad.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CC I think Celtic thunder are absolutely great! They do Amazing Grace and other spiritual songs as well as one that would make a sailor blush.  I have enjoyed them many times and yes, on this Sunday morning I'll confess it - I've laughed at the raunchy one.  I do hope God has a sense of humor.

I only heard of Celtic Thunder recently when a good friend sent All God's Creatures.  By that time Damion had already left and George died very shortly thereafter.  PITY!!

This team not only was excellent singers - they were everyone excellent performers as well.  The combination, plus their great selection of songs, made for top-notch entertainment!!!

• Unknown said:
    March is also the month that includes the official arrival of spring.  We cannot have spring without some daffodils.

Have you seen any signs of Spring yet.

•  Signs of spring? Do these count? Took these just a few minutes ago   It did get into the mid 30'sF today, a few degrees above freezing for the first time in several weeks and now it's snowing again.

But then Jan & Feb are our winter months, so what can we expect.

• Good evening all. June you must be fed up with the snow now! That looks like a slippery road to drive on!

Happy St Davids Day to all !

• A few signs of spring we have crocuses flowering no lambs yet! Its been sunny but with a bitter cold wind here. But at least no snow!