The LG OSPREY GABFEST for DECEMBER, 2014

DECEMBER  is a month of hope! 

Cold yes, dark yes,  but the gloomy grey days of November have generally given way to sunnier, brighter days.  At least, so it generally is here in southern Ohio, and I hope for you too.   Then the winter solstice marks the  shortest & darkest day of the year, but we know that immediately after that each day gets that wee bit longer and therefore lighter. Not just hope, but proof that spring is on its way. And all month we look forward to Christmas, the happiest, most hopeful day of the year.   December is the month of planning, of preparation, shopping, wrapping, baking and FUN (if we just don’t let ourselves get overwhelmed). 

All the while we know that Breagha and Millicent are warm in Africa. We pray for their continued safety, as well as that of other osprey that we follow.  But not all the birds desert us for the warm southern climes.  Some are well adapted to our northern winters  and are still here, providing enjoyment and often appreciating our bird feeders.

Here on the Gabfest, a music night “around the world” has been suggested.  We hope to hold this in early December. Also, I’m sure that later in December I, and probably others, will want to play some Christmas carols.  Whether this will be an organized Music Night or just spontaneous music remains to be seen.  Also a few of us are planning Christmas cakes.  A Christmas music night may be organized around these presentations.

So once again, I issue an invitation to all osprey lovers to come on in to the Gabfest chat room, where we can enjoy the warm fires and chat about all things osprey as well as most anything else that crosses our minds.