I'm a bit behind schedule getting this blog posted, but in line with government advice Langford Lowfields is closed to the public to dissuade large groups of people gathering and to also dissuade people from driving to get their daily exercise. Both the car park and the reserve itself are closed.

Following the severe winter flooding, this virus situation now means the reserve has been closed for a few months, which is a great shame. On the plus side, the flood waters have thankfully receded and water levels are back to where they should be at this time of year. This means that in theory as soon as it's appropriate to open the reserve to the public again, we'll be able to. I popped in briefly yesterday to carry out some essential security checks and it was great to glimpse large numbers of sand martins, a few avocet and a small flock of calling curlew flying around.

Please stay safe and keep an eye on what's flying past your windows, I live in the middle of Nottingham and saw a raven flying over my house yesterday.

Wren and robin photos taken a few weeks ago by Stuart Carlton. Twitter: @StuartCarlton48