Hello all,

Firstly I wanted to thank all those that took part in our Race today for participating. The weather was a bit bleak at times but it was heartening to see so many of you turn up to 'race for wildlife' despite this. I hope it has been enjoyable for each of you, that it has given you some happy memories and that you might think about returning to us next year. In between eating leftover cake (i'm not sure i'll fit through the door to go home) I have compiled the results and here they are, split into 5km and 10km, a pdf file for each:

5km times:

6371.4540.1524.8880.5k results.pdf

10km times:

3175.10km results.pdf

It was a pleasure being at the finish line to watch so many triumphant, sometimes exhausted faces come across the finish line, and I will never look at our entrance track in the same way again. Although we plan to hold it again next year, we always welcome feedback so please do get in touch with us if you have any suggestions about possible improvements. We want to give our visitors the best experience possible and are always looking for ways we can improve. Equally, if there's anything you really liked that you'd like us to know about, get in touch! We can be e-mailed (lakenheath@rspb.org.uk); telephoned (01842 863404) or you can pop in and see us!

We had a small army of volunteers on today helping us with every aspect of the Race, from back-marking the routes themselves, to putting up the gazebos and making tea, and without them we just wouldn't be able to hold an event like this and to open up the reserve to everyone annually in this way. We are very, very grateful for all their help.

I hope your visit today might have inspired you to make a return visit, either next year for the Race or in the meantime for a solitary run, leisurely walk or some wildlife watching- hope to see you soon.

Best wishes,

Heidi (Visitor Experience Officer)