What a day! Strong winds and heavy rain showers have really made for an interesting count today. The wind direction meant at high tide many wildfowl were choosing to roost in the lagoon - tucking themselves into the edge out of the wind. The sea wall provided excellent cover from them but unfortunately not for me. Two cups of tea later and I'm thawing out (just). Despite the bad weather it was definately worth getting togged up firstly for the amazing sea swell and secondly for the birds!

Hightlights of the count including Scaup, large numbers of Goldeneye, Teal and a few Wigeon in amongst it aswell. Waders were also taking advantage of our lagoon at high tide. The usual suspects such as Turnstone, Redshank, Oystercatchers and Lapwing were hunkered down out on the island.

Walking back to the car via the caravan park there were curlew and redshank in some of the wet fields. A sparrow hawk shot past me aswell and finally walking down the side of the lagoon from the Commodore I had 3 Bullfinch calling - they were easy to see thanks to the lack of leaves on the trees.

Anyway I'm away for the third cup of tea
Cheerio
Mhairi