Howdy folks, and welcome back to the Frampton Marsh recent sightings. With me, Chris the visitor guy!

And with no further ado, in time honoured fashion, it is the week's maps...

Some nice birds (and a couple of nice planes too) there to start this blog. The golden orole may have been the one that was seen earlier in the day at Gibraltar Point. Alas, despite much wishing it never completed the journey to end up at Frampton.

The Temminck's stint popped back up on Sunday, and gave some lovely close views.

Possibly the real highlight of the bank holiday Monday was Sally B, the last flying B-17 in Europe. It went past the reserve, then turned round and came right overhead a bit later. 

Quieter on the Tuesday, the Temminck's stint looking like it has departed. A water rail was seen parading around on the road a couple of times though, much to the surprise of onlookers who are more used to moorhens doing that.

The pair of red-crested pochards appears to have turned into two males. What on earth is going on there?

And the site's bee orchids are now starting to come out. Those on the sea bank are out, those by East Hide just about to bloom.

{Friday's map will be added here when one of my colleagues sends it to me, I'm not in work today.}

Right, I promised you some photos last week. Time to see what we have. And we will start with Steve Whiteley who found this corn bunting in full song.

Less noisy, but a great close-up, Mark Sargeant took the portrait of this female pheasant

Waders have been a feature of the last couple of weeks. Here Ted Smith has a nice comparison shot between three of them. From left to right, curlew sandpiper, dunlin and turnstone.

Though it isn't just the rares that attract attention. Not when you can get close-up's like this lapwing by Stephen Clark

People do like to see the rare birds though. Here Matthew Mellow has first of all a little stint. Then two Temminck's stints.

Finally, regular contributor Jeremy Eyeons. Who also photographed the Temminck's stint.

But who also got nice shots of a little ringed plover, a reed warbler and a chaffinch.

So there you have it! If you are coming to visit us, you can keep up to date with the sightings by following our Twitter account. No need to have an account yourself, we make it so everyone can see it. If you do tweet yourself, please remember to use #RSPBframpton so we can see what you are posting, and also ideally mention @RSPBNorfolkLinc. If you have any good photos (or video, or even artwork) we'd love to see that too. Tweet it, or share it on our Facebook page or our Flickr account. It may also be useful for you to know the weather and tide times for the site, which may well have an impact on what is showing. 

All the best, take care, and I will catch you next time!

Chris