Howdy folks! And welcome back to the Frampton Marsh recent sightings blog. With me, Chris the Visitor Guy.

Well, a bit of a sightings filled week this week. Shall we crack on, and get onto the maps?

Golden oriole is a great spot for the reserve, indeed for the UK after the breeding population at Lakenheath dwindled away. 

The board says 103, but another five species were added after that, making a reserve count of 108 for the day. Not too shabby. The broad-billed sandpiper was a very nice spot, and hung around for a few days.

A grasshopper warbler popped back up again on Tuesday. This was the last day for the broad-billed sandpiper though.

Spoonbills are always popular birds, and one appeared on Thursday...

And gave very nice views on the Friday, feeding on the reedbed in front of the visitor centre all day. Also of excitement was the appearance of our first avocet chicks for the year.

I am afraid that is it for this week, I will double up on photos next week. Just to remind you we are in the vote to be the Lincolnshire Co-operative's Community Chamption for the winter of 2019/20. A status which would gain us potentially up to £125,000 in donations. If you are a member of the Lincolnshire Co-op, please do vote for us at www.lincolnshire.coop/ccvote

So there you have it! If you are coming to visit us, you can keep up to date with the sightings by following our Twitter account. No need to have an account yourself, we make it so everyone can see it. If you do tweet yourself, please remember to use #RSPBframpton so we can see what you are posting, and also ideally mention @RSPBNorfolkLinc. If you have any good photos (or video, or even artwork) we'd love to see that too. Tweet it, or share it on our Facebook page or our Flickr account. It may also be useful for you to know the weather and tide times for the site, which may well have an impact on what is showing. 

All the best, take care, and I will catch you next time!

Chris