Howdy folks! Welcome back to the Frampton Marsh recent sightings. With me, Chris the Visitor Guy. Refreshed after a week of leave. So lets get back onto looking at what has been about!

So, the long-staying long-billed dowitcher is still with us, as you will see holds true for the rest of the week. Likewise for the black-necked grebe. The osprey recorded on the board turns out to have been a pale-phase buzzard instead, easily confused.

The Bahama pintail was a bit of an odd one, who knows where that got out from! 

Still a whinchat or two about. The bees have been tricky to find in the windy conditions we have had this week, but are out there.

A pair of merlin spent quite a bit of time chasing each over the reedbed. And the ruddy shelduck makes a reappearance. Both stoat and weasel were seem along the road.

Right, time for some lovely photos...

Dale Ayres captured some really rich colours in this ruff portrait

Mark Sargeant has been busy. Here we have sleeping redshanks, a slightly battered speckled wood, and a juvenile swallow. Soon time for it to be heading off down to Africa.

Jeremy Eyeons got a lovely shot of this female Northern wheatear

Steve Nikols came up trumps with a feeding snipe, and with Hula the lone whooper swan. Will not be too long before Hula's friends are back with us...

And finally, I haven't mentioned the cattle egret which has been hanging around Freiston Shore. In this case, it looks like it was getting in the way of the grazing cattle. Go on, gertcha!

So that is it for another week. If you are coming to visit us, you can keep up to date with the sightings by following our Twitter account. No need to have an account yourself, we make it so everyone can see it. If you do tweet yourself, please remember to use #RSPBframpton so we can see what you are posting, and also ideally mention @RSPBNorfolkLinc. If you have any good photos (or video, or even artwork) we'd love to see that too. Tweet it, or share it on our Facebook page or our Flickr account. It may also be useful for you to know the weather and tide times for the site, which may well have an impact on what is showing. Oh, and remember we do now sell filled rolls in the visitor centre for all your lunchtime needs.

All the best, take care, and I will catch you next time!