Howdy folks! Welcome back to the Frampton Marsh recent sightings. With me, Chris the ever-so-slightly busy Visitor Guy.

Yes, I'm afraid it is another short one this week. The time is almost midnight, I have a full day in the visitor centre tomorrow (come say hello), and a quick run of maps is all I really have time to do. Given a chance I may go back in at a later date and put some nice photos in. Otherwise I will double up next week.

So, maps...

Yes, the bee orchids are indeed out. Some by East hide, others on the sea bank just south of the sea bank car park.

No map for Monday, I'm afraid. And Tuesday was a bit damp. But the indoor map still shows everything, so...

Yes, it is worth pointing out that THE place to see turtle doves from is the marked and signposted watchpoint. Please do not go 'off piste' looking for doves elsewhere. They are a rare breeding bird, sadly in decline, and we absolutely do not want them disturbed, just so someone can get a few feet closer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Two black-necked grebes turned up on Wednesday. Waders are back in variety too.

So the grebes are still with us. Sanderlings, knots (up to 100), curlew sandpiper and bar-tailed godwits (also up to 100) all in view. Could be a good weekend. Weather permitting...

So there you have it! If you are coming to visit us, you can keep up to date with the sightings by following our Twitter account. No need to have an account yourself, we make it so everyone can see it. If you do tweet yourself, please remember to use #RSPBframpton so we can see what you are posting, and also ideally mention @RSPBNorfolkLinc. If you have any good photos (or video, or even artwork) we'd love to see that too. Tweet it, or share it on our Facebook page or our Flickr account. It may also be useful for you to know the weather and tide times for the site, which may well have an impact on what is showing. 

All the best, take care, and I will catch you next time!

Chris

Reedbed, freshwater scrapes, saltmarsh and wet meadow. Frampton Marsh has it all! Come and pay us a visit soon.