Questions egrets - kingfishers nests-- blog

Okay random questions: Are only staff allowed to blog here? Id like help blogging if its allowed. The fairburn king fishers-where are they going to find a bank high enough to safely nest? I dont want the location -just to know that there is one- well two at least as ive seen two pairs of different kingfishers And lastly for today I saw a pair of pure white egrets today from Charlie's hide they were bigger than the usual little egret-about the size of a heron--ive not seen them here before -should i or shouldn't i be getting excited?
  • Hi Redwolf. Anyone can post entries on this forum. Your kind of entries are what it is for! Re Kingfishers, they regularly nest at various places on and near the reserve. Re the Egrets - possibly - we have had reports of great white egrets in the area, but not pair. Our sightings book is a good resource for what is about. If you have not tried it and you have a smartphone you might also like the birdguides app where you can get quick info about rarities in your local area - chris

• Blogs are written by the staff and volunteers on the aire valley team. - C

• okay thanks Chris -i didnt want to be filling the forum with my observations if a blog was more suitable-but if its ok here ill keep posting. Im absolutely certain they were a pair of great white egrets my daughter saw them as well and they were the size of a heron-they flew towards the river.  Do i write in the sightings book?