Following on from yesterday's sightings up at Binn Green, it's day 2 of the 30-minute birding slot, the idea being to just see how much you can see with half an hour to spare. On and around the feeders at Binn Green this morning there were Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Siskin, Chaffinch, Blackbird, Pheasant, Blue Tit, Great Tit and Coal Tit, all of which were seen yesterday. Unlike yesterday I didn't see Robin, Brambling or Nuthatch. However, to add to what was around yesterday I also saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker, Wood Pigeon and a male and a female Bullfinch.  Nice.  From Binn Green looking over to Alderman's Brow there were two Ravens. I watched the same pair on Sunday also, including a moment when one of the birds flipped onto it's back in the wind - just for a split second. Awesome. So, that brings today's 30-minute birding total up to 13 and for the last two days up to 16.

There's plenty more birds that I see regularly from Binn Green that I haven't seen over the last two days, so 30-minute birding continues tomorrow with hopefully some new birds to add, plus other recent sightings from around Dove Stone...

Parents
  • Hello Rachel. Havent been to Dove Stone for a while, and I need a new tick. As Binn Green is the only place near where I live to have had sightings of Bramblings, I will be paying a visit to Binn Green tomorrow morning. Lets hope there's some about. Thanks for the blog.

Comment
  • Hello Rachel. Havent been to Dove Stone for a while, and I need a new tick. As Binn Green is the only place near where I live to have had sightings of Bramblings, I will be paying a visit to Binn Green tomorrow morning. Lets hope there's some about. Thanks for the blog.

Children
No Data