Hello there, it's been a while since I did a 'proper' blog and this one isn't quite that, but hopefully it's keeping things going. 

Firstly - Boxing Day. As far as I can tell, this is the first year in a long while that Old Moor will be opening on Boxing Day. The reserve will open at 11am and close at 5pm. So do come along for a bit of fresh air, exercise and of course, the wildlife. Also on Boxing Day, there will be a 'Wildlife Walk' led by volunteer Gerald. This starts at 1pm - details/tickets are here should you wish to come along. 

As for the recent sightings, well they are much as per the last blog that Andrew wrote last week. If you'd like a read of that, then click here

I had a look through the Twitter feeds of our various blog contributors from our satellite sites and there are a couple of things to note. The 2 great white egrets were not at Edderthorpe yesterday and so far today, there is no further news.

Gerald has just tweeted these sightings from Old Moor itself:  Peregrine, Marsh Harrier cc, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, 6 Bearded tit, 3 Cetti's, 2 Pintail, 3 Goosander, 4 Goldeneye 2 Snipe, plus wildfowl. 

Other than that, there's not much else to report from Twitter so I'll finish this short update with a photo I took at Old Moor a few weeks ago. It was a very frosty but sunny morning which was just perfect for nature to display some very beautiful Christmas lights. Happy Christmas! :) 

Parents Comment Children
No Data