The past month has been both interesting and hectic with the Thursday volunteers doing fantastic work back with the cement mixer putting up new stock fencing for feeding creeps and doing some plumbing they have as always impressed me with their commitment

and drive.

On the bird front our hoped for Osprey return fell short as this young male called and started to nest but gave up he may be back in the future.

The breeding season started well with cold winds but dry and slowly got warmer as April turned into May and to see lapwing chicks at time of writing 33 and 2 oystercatcher chicks wandering around the new islands and floating like little balls of fluff has made me very proud to work for the RSPB and help wildlife by creating homes for nature. The redshanks by there nature are very difficult to see on the nest and disturb very easy.

Mr lapwing to his partner 'Don't worry love I will sort it out'

All these photographs are taken from the car park and at least 100m away so not to disturb these birds although the lapwing and the redshank do make a lot of noise anyway just to keep the crows and gulls away.