Short Film of the Roseate Terns on Coquet Island released by the RSPB earlier today

https://youtu.be/6x_gx1HWqiA

At last success with the link so you can all watch this short film that the RSPB have released today about the UK’s rarest nesting seabird of which practically at present is the only annual nesting colony of the Roseate Tern in the UK is on the RSPB reserve of Coquet Island of the coast of Northumberland near the coastal town of Amble. Of course as you all know very well about the RSPB reserve in Wales which has had 2 successful breeding pairs of Roseate Terns in Wales of which i wont mention here and a few successful nesting pairs in Northern Ireland . In 2020 there where over 122 successful nesting pairs of Roseate Terns on Coquet Island and again a very successful year for the Roseate Terns on Coquet Island.

• Hi Ian, had to join this group to be able to reply ... thanks for posting this wonderful video, so pleased to hear of the RT's success! I have watched the Carnyx live cam a few times this season but this footage is so good!
  • In normal times you can book boat trips around Coquet Island, including close up views of the Roseate Terns. My RSPB Group from Newcastle have been on 2 boat trips in recent years, going round Coquet Island and the committee of my RSPB Group arranged to have Paul Morrison the head warden in the boat on both occasions which was nice. But there are boat trips that go round Coquet Island 7 days a week without Paul Morrison in normal times at various times every day subject to weather conditions during the Spring and Summer period.