Despite three days of dense fog on site, we've seen quite a lot actually.

The lapwings and skylarks certainly seem to think that spring is on its way, as both species could be seen and heard singing and displaying.  'Mad march hares' have also been seen chasing each other about and taking part in some sparring!

There have been up to six little egrets on site for a good month now, with at least four there all this week.  The number of wildfowl on site has increased markedly this week, with shelduck, mallard, shoveler, wigeon and teal, all viewable from the viewing platform.

Volunteers from both Beckingham and Langford have been busy on site this week, alongside Assistant Warden Jenny Wallace.  They've been burning the arisings from the hedge laying that we've had done of the last month and are making good progress.  Once that's finished, then 'all' we've got to do is plant up a few gaps in the hedges and repair a few fences, ready for the cattle to come back on in spring.

Parents
  • Hi Paul,

Im glad you like the photos,i will keep putting them on. As for using my images,go for it,its nice to be able to show my photos off . I have been on the reserve today 29/3/13. Had the usual stuff though only one egret,but did have one chiffchaff,my first this year!

Many Regards,

Ray

Comment
  • Hi Paul,

Im glad you like the photos,i will keep putting them on. As for using my images,go for it,its nice to be able to show my photos off . I have been on the reserve today 29/3/13. Had the usual stuff though only one egret,but did have one chiffchaff,my first this year!

Many Regards,

Ray

Children
No Data