• We're not giving up

If you haven't come across it yet, see Martin Harper's blog here for a guest post by Jude Lane on our determination to bring hen harriers back from the brink.

We are down but not out. We're not giving up.

• #HenHarrier – the power of a tweet

In case you haven’t found it already, the Skydancer project now has its very own Twitter account @RSPB_Skydancer. You probably know this already. In fact, you probably linked to this blog directly from there.

We deliberated long and hard over whether or not to go the Twitter route – to tweet, or not to tweet? It’s something I’d so far avoided in my personal life but with social media playing a bigger and bigger…

• Bowland 2013

When I first met with performance maker Louise Ann-Wilson last February (2012) she was wanting to know more about the ‘home’ of the hen harrier, its ecology and its history as a breeding bird in the UK. Bowland obviously plays an important part in the story of English hen harriers and has long been known as the stronghold for the species in this country – you are probably well aware that the bird is also the logo for the…

• Hen harriers & heartbreak - the story of a failed nest

With the appalling news published today that hen harriers have failed to breed successfully in England for the first time since the 1960's, Stephen Temperley, North Tynedale Species Protection Officer, reveals the heartbreak of looking after one of only two known failed nesting attempts this year.

I don’t have that much self-regard that I expected an outcry when my blogs ceased suddenly last April. But I do believe you…

• Sunshine and Skydancers - a weekend of circus magic

The Hen Harrier Carnival was a fantastic success! We had blazing sunshine and around 3,500 people at the Alnwick Garden throughout the day on Saturday 27th July and even the heavy rain on Sunday morning at Greenhead couldn't dampen our spirits. The river may have been too high for the community's annual rubber-duck race but the weather gods must have been smiling on us because the sun came out just in time for the Skydancing…