• Showing the Love to Nicola Sturgeon

Jim Densham, Senior Land Use Policy Officer with RSPB Scotland, is back with another blog on the For The Love Of...campaign that we are part of.

Showing the Love to Nicola Sturgeon

It was Valentine’s last Saturday. How did you show the love? I bought flowers for my wife but I also sent a Valentine’s message to Nicola Sturgeon the First Minister! Its no secret. I even spent Valentine’s day asking others to send her…

• First Impressions of eagle surveying on the Isle of Lewis

Ronan Dugan is a research assistant at the RSPB Centre for Conservation Science and is one of 6 full time fieldworkers on the RSPB/SNH National Golden Eagle Survey 2015. The six-month survey of golden eagles, which started in January, is co-funded by Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) and the RSPB. Surveys will be carried out by licensed surveyors from the RSPB Centre for Conservation Science in collaboration with those…

• What to see in Scotland this month II

There have been some really crisp clear days so far this month – perfect for wildlife watching. This blog is all about some of the wonderful wildlife you can see around Scotland in February.

What to see in Scotland this month II

When I was little my favourite creature to spot any time I was outdoors was a ladybird. One of my neighbours used to have a huge hedge all the way around her garden and me and a couple…

• For the love of skootie alan

Jenny Tweedie from RSPB Scotland talks us through climate change, musicals and her love of arctic skua in this new blog. 

For the love of skootie alan

Arctic skua, Andrew Tweedie

When I was about nine years old, I went to see a musical called Yanomamo;  it was probably my first real experience of global conservation issues. Sting made it famous in the 1980s, but for those who don’t know it, the show is a series of…

• Edinburgh Phoenix – Help them to say “Yes In My Backyard!”

RSPB Scotland Youth Officer, Nicole Brandon has this new blog on a fantastic new project the Edinburgh Phoenix group are raising funds for. 

Edinburgh Phoenix – Help them to say “Yes In My Backyard!”

This February, Edinburgh Phoenix group are asking for help in raising the funds for a huge new project at Hermitage of Braid. But time is running out for them to win support, so please read on to discover…