• Saving Scotland's Seas

Allan Whyte, RSPB Scotland Marine Policy Officer, gives us an update on Marine Protected Areas in Scotland.

Saving Scotland's Seas

Visitors watching seabirds at Fowlsheugh RSPB reserve, Scotland.

The designation of Marine Protected Areas last summer sought to address the over exploitation and lack of protection of Scotland’s marine wildlife by safeguarding the most important and most threatened species and habitats…

• Helping our birds through the winter

Kat Jones, RSPB Scotland’s Public Affairs Manager in South and West Scotland, looks at the importance of feeders for birds during the colder months. 

Helping our birds through the winter

The weather may be chilly and the evenings dark, but, for me, this is the time of year when I look forward to seeing the bright and colourful birds that come to my feeder. Chaffinches and blue tits are just gorgeous when you…

• What to see in Scotland this month

There’s plenty of wonderful wildlife to enjoy in Scotland and each month of the year can offer you something different. This blog is all about the sights you could see across the country in January.

What to see in Scotland this month

Throwing your head back and suddenly kicking out your feet while whistling loudly is certainly one way to get the attention of the opposite sex.

I probably wouldn’t recommend you…

• Gordonbush: putting the record straight

Senior Conservation Policy Officer, Richard Evans, has this response to a recent online article on a 35-turbine windfarm at Gordonbush in Sutherland. 

Gordonbush: putting the record straight

In a recent online article James Delingpole states that the RSPB was “instrumental in easing through the planning process” a 35-turbine windfarm at Gordonbush, in east Sutherland.  Nothing could be further from the truth…