• For The Love Of.....A White Christmas

Jim Densham, Senior Land Use Policy Officer with RSPB Scotland, is back with another blog on the For The Love Of...campaign - just in time for Christmas. 

For The Love Of.....A White Christmas

The odds of a white Christmas in Glasgow this year are currently 3-1 (from a well known bookmaker) but may be cut even further now that we have had the first proper winter weather. The likelihood of a white Christmas used to be…

• Bad science (or never let the truth get in the way of a “good” story)

Senior Conservation Policy Officer, Richard Evans, has this response to a recent article on sea eagles in the Daily Telegraph.

Bad science (or never let the truth get in the way of a “good” story)

White-tailed (sea) eagle David Tipling (rspb-images.com)

Last month, we blogged [1] about a piece in the Daily Telegraph[2] that suggested that more birds of prey were killed by wind turbines than by gamekeepers…

• See Peat....Think Rainforest

RSPB Scotland Conservation Policy Officer, Alexa Morrison, takes a look at what wind farm developer, Scottish Power Renewables is doing to restore peatlands at Black Law wind farm, and why it is so important to protect our peatlands from development impacts in Scotland.

See Peat....Think Rainforest

Working in conservation policy means that I’m mostly office-based, so when I have an opportunity to get my wellies on and…

• A trip to the Flows

Jill Harden, RSPB Scotland's reserves archaeologist, has recently traveled north to Caithness & Sutherland to explore the peatland’s rich historic environment.

People have been living in Caithness & Sutherland for thousands of years, with many establishing communities along the coast and up the Straths (river valleys) that flow from the coast into the interior. Today this is a landscape that is more sparsely…

• All you need is love

Jim Densham, Senior Land Use Policy Officer with RSPB Scotland, tells you about the some of the things we love and want to protect with the FTLO campaign we're a part of.

All you need is love

As the Beatles timeless classic said – all you need is love. Still true? It’s no longer the swinging 60s or the love generation but I think most people would say love makes the world go round (in a strictly metaphorical sense…