• For The Love Of Scottish Machair...

Jim Densham, Senior Land Use Policy Officer with RSPB Scotland, is back with another blog on the For The Love Of campaign we are involved with. 

For The Love Of Scottish Machair...

Last week on this blog I wrote about the new climate campaign that we are involved in (FTLO for short). I also gave you the web address so that you can add what you love and why you love it, have you had a go yet? www.rspb.org.uk/forthelove…

• Fracking is a hot topic in Scotland – what is RSPB Scotland’s position?

Alexa Morrison, Conservation Policy Officer at RSPB Scotland, takes a look at fracking and the different types of unconventional gas proposals coming forward in Scotland.

Fracking is a hot topic in Scotland – what is RSPB Scotland’s position?

Fracking and unconventional gas are coming under some intense heat in Scotland at the moment. You might feel it’s hard to avoid the subject, with even the world’s…

• For The Love Of.......

Jim Densham, Senior Land Use Policy Officer with RSPB Scotland, talks about a new climate change campaign we're working on alongside our partners in Stop Climate Chaos Scotland.

For The Love Of.......

We all know about climate change. We've all heard the arguments and warnings, but it’s still overwhelming, complicated and scary.

I know how it feels, but there is still have hope. Hope because there…

• Tilting at windmills

RSPB Scotland Senior Conservation Policy Officer, Richard Evans' response to Daily Telegraph article.

Tilting at windmills

According to yesterday’s Daily Telegraph, "wind turbines have killed more birds of prey than persecution this year", in Scotland.  Well, to quote the hapless William Boot in Evelyn Waugh’s journalistic satire Scoop:  “Up to a point, Lord Copper”. 

The Telegr…