Arguably the Christmas Carol 'It's the most wonderful time of the year' by Andy Williams wasn't the brain child of a wildlife enthusiast, as if it had been - it's highly likely that the song's lyrics would have been laden with delightful remarks about this time of year! As the natural world bursts into life with the arrival of tiny feet, feathers, plants and paws - we all stand at our windows, or stroll about our gardens a little dumbfounded at the beauty that surrounds us, and the wonders we find on our walks. One of which is bound to be witnessing fledgling birds fly the nest, much like this little fella here sent in by Nature's Home reader Dionne Gooding, question is - which baby bird is it?

We think you've probably worked out which bird this fuzzy fellow will become, but in case you're still scratching your head, here's what Dionne said when she sent in this fantastic photo recently:

"I was lucky enough to have robins nest in my garden. On Easter Sunday the babies fledged and I spent hours watching them develop their confidence. I was lucky enough to get some photos too!"

Breeding birds, nests, eggs and songs

We've got lots of great information about 'Breeding birds, nests, eggs and songs' in our 'Ask an expert' pages on our website - why not take a look at some of the common questions we get asked, and the answers to them. And, If you happen to find a baby bird, we've also got lots of great information to help you know what to do here. 

The breeding and subsequently, fledgling season spans March to late July depending on the species, so there's plenty of time to witness these wonders for yourselves, and if you happen to be at the right place at the right time with your camera, please send your sightings to: natureshome@rspb.org.uk - and remember to join the #Breakfast Birdwatch daily from 8am, a great way to get your daily dose of VitaminN

(photo courtesy of Nature's Home reader, Dionne Gooding)

Parents Comment Children
No Data