There are a few quotes that don't need elaboration - they speak for themselves.  Here's one that seems particularly apt given the rhetorical flourishes to which we are becoming accumstomed in these austere times...

Kenneth Boulding, President Kennedy's environmental advisor nearly fifty years ago said, "Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist."

And something else that speaks for itself is wildlife.  It is amazing.  And, to selfishly remind me of a wonderful Saturday afternoon at Wicken Fen with the kids, here's an image of a barn owl.  Enjoy it and then go and find one yourself.  It's worth the hunt...

Parents
  • Well the kennedy's were great at speech making and in a way President Kennedy probably saved the world from lots of problems but USA has in my opinion a very poor record on wildlife,native peoples and the environment,they have been major polluters and have left several countries in ruins.Vietnam a typical case with no end benefit for anyone.

Comment
  • Well the kennedy's were great at speech making and in a way President Kennedy probably saved the world from lots of problems but USA has in my opinion a very poor record on wildlife,native peoples and the environment,they have been major polluters and have left several countries in ruins.Vietnam a typical case with no end benefit for anyone.

Children
No Data