Fernando Torres can kick a ball about and is worth £50m, apparently.

40,000ha of England's forests, that's 40,000 football pitches, are worth £100m.

Are our values quite right?

A love of the natural world demonstrates that a person is a cultured inhabitant of planet Earth.

Parents
  • I am not going to get into hectares and acres!! but I do so agree with Nightjar and the examples he gives of forests/plantations planted originally planted on prime heathland (or chalk grassland). The FC made a committment, I am sure with the previous government's agreement, and before this present government came to power, to restore such sites to their original open heath or grassland state. It would be a disgrace if, with all there talk of being the "Greenest Government ever", they were not to honour that FC committment. Surely this government is not going to perpetuate the ecological errors of the past or are they?  

redkite

Comment
  • I am not going to get into hectares and acres!! but I do so agree with Nightjar and the examples he gives of forests/plantations planted originally planted on prime heathland (or chalk grassland). The FC made a committment, I am sure with the previous government's agreement, and before this present government came to power, to restore such sites to their original open heath or grassland state. It would be a disgrace if, with all there talk of being the "Greenest Government ever", they were not to honour that FC committment. Surely this government is not going to perpetuate the ecological errors of the past or are they?  

redkite

Children
No Data