Last week, on Wednesday, we all got a message at The Lodge telling us to go home early.

So hundreds of us left at 445pm instead of the official end of day at 515pm.

After we had gone, a World War 2 bomb was safely removed by bomb disposal experts.  They were pretty sure, 95%, that it would not have exploded but, hey, 5% is 5%!

When the news of a suspect device circulated, speculation mounted about whether the Provisional NFU were active in the area. 

Parents
  • Provisional NFU Mark or Real NFU?

BobP’s policy (see above) is not to make Party Political comments

And of course Mark’s comments are intended to be (mildly?) humorous and entertain – and so it does!

But the reality is that following the commencement of the Coalition Government things really have changed – we even have (Tory) Minister – Jim Paice - with responsibility for Hunting & Shooting.

I’ve always found the NFU – “not a brain between them” – to be somewhat behind the curve - whereas organisations and publications like the Countryside Alliance and (say) Shooting Times are genuinely up to speed.

Indeed - I take the Shooting Times and its recent (and current) comments regarding for example Eagle Owls, Hen Harriers, etc seems more reasonable than does the RSPB’s argument.    

The RSPB’s Political Stance?

It’s still under careful scrutiny – I hear!

Comment
  • Provisional NFU Mark or Real NFU?

BobP’s policy (see above) is not to make Party Political comments

And of course Mark’s comments are intended to be (mildly?) humorous and entertain – and so it does!

But the reality is that following the commencement of the Coalition Government things really have changed – we even have (Tory) Minister – Jim Paice - with responsibility for Hunting & Shooting.

I’ve always found the NFU – “not a brain between them” – to be somewhat behind the curve - whereas organisations and publications like the Countryside Alliance and (say) Shooting Times are genuinely up to speed.

Indeed - I take the Shooting Times and its recent (and current) comments regarding for example Eagle Owls, Hen Harriers, etc seems more reasonable than does the RSPB’s argument.    

The RSPB’s Political Stance?

It’s still under careful scrutiny – I hear!

Children
No Data