Last week, on Wednesday, we all got a message at The Lodge telling us to go home early.

So hundreds of us left at 445pm instead of the official end of day at 515pm.

After we had gone, a World War 2 bomb was safely removed by bomb disposal experts.  They were pretty sure, 95%, that it would not have exploded but, hey, 5% is 5%!

When the news of a suspect device circulated, speculation mounted about whether the Provisional NFU were active in the area. 

A love of the natural world demonstrates that a person is a cultured inhabitant of planet Earth.

Parents
  • Think it more likely a employee wanted to get home a bit early,wonder what one of them will think up next.Obviously not provisional NFU or no warning would have been given.

Seriously I find it sad that for whatever the NFU and RSPB say on the surface and top brass always act as if they are best of buddies there is bad blood there for sure and it is seriously detrimental to wildlife,in my opinion BOTH organisations have to behave more responsibly to each other and to wildlife.

I am not blaming one more than the other all they seem capable of is scoring cheap shots against the other,as the RSPB point out farmland birds have gone down seriously in numbers and they will not admit to it but if the two organisations had a better relationship farmland birds would definitely gain.

The saddest thing of all is that the RSPB make great play about interacting with lots of individual farmers but the NFU and RSPB seem incapable of some compromises on both sides for the benefit of all concerned.Not a rant against RSPB both organisations need to look where in harder times we are going and for certain farmland birds need both to sort themselves out.    

Comment
  • Think it more likely a employee wanted to get home a bit early,wonder what one of them will think up next.Obviously not provisional NFU or no warning would have been given.

Seriously I find it sad that for whatever the NFU and RSPB say on the surface and top brass always act as if they are best of buddies there is bad blood there for sure and it is seriously detrimental to wildlife,in my opinion BOTH organisations have to behave more responsibly to each other and to wildlife.

I am not blaming one more than the other all they seem capable of is scoring cheap shots against the other,as the RSPB point out farmland birds have gone down seriously in numbers and they will not admit to it but if the two organisations had a better relationship farmland birds would definitely gain.

The saddest thing of all is that the RSPB make great play about interacting with lots of individual farmers but the NFU and RSPB seem incapable of some compromises on both sides for the benefit of all concerned.Not a rant against RSPB both organisations need to look where in harder times we are going and for certain farmland birds need both to sort themselves out.    

Children
No Data