Last week, on Wednesday, we all got a message at The Lodge telling us to go home early.

So hundreds of us left at 445pm instead of the official end of day at 515pm.

After we had gone, a World War 2 bomb was safely removed by bomb disposal experts.  They were pretty sure, 95%, that it would not have exploded but, hey, 5% is 5%!

When the news of a suspect device circulated, speculation mounted about whether the Provisional NFU were active in the area. 

Parents
  • Sooty, While I can't agree with every word I agree with the concept of what you are saying.  The RSPB is able, with varying success, to work with individual farmers and other organisations representing land, shooting and game interests.  Mark, time to get talking.  Ignore the 'lapwing flavoured chocolate' jokes and there must be some agreement, even a quail sized chunk.

Comment
  • Sooty, While I can't agree with every word I agree with the concept of what you are saying.  The RSPB is able, with varying success, to work with individual farmers and other organisations representing land, shooting and game interests.  Mark, time to get talking.  Ignore the 'lapwing flavoured chocolate' jokes and there must be some agreement, even a quail sized chunk.

Children
No Data