Damian Carrington writes well on the joint issue - as they are very similar - of NNRs and heritage forests.

And I don't just say that because he likes our vague idea of a merged FC and NE being a wildlife-friendly, public-friendly organisation to run state land - although, of course, that doesn't reduce my high opinion of him.

A love of the natural world demonstrates that a person is a cultured inhabitant of planet Earth.

Parents
  • Caroline Spelman says that there is a conflict between the forestry commission being involved in commercial forestry and also dictating what private forestry companies should do. Natural England have two main tasks managing national nature reserves and also administering and distributing grants from DEFRA. I think a government forest and wildlife organisation is the perfect solution to both administer and manage our NNRs and state forests. However I feel that this organisation should be separate to The FC and NE, which should both remain , but in a pruned down form.  

Comment
  • Caroline Spelman says that there is a conflict between the forestry commission being involved in commercial forestry and also dictating what private forestry companies should do. Natural England have two main tasks managing national nature reserves and also administering and distributing grants from DEFRA. I think a government forest and wildlife organisation is the perfect solution to both administer and manage our NNRs and state forests. However I feel that this organisation should be separate to The FC and NE, which should both remain , but in a pruned down form.  

Children
No Data