• Beaches in the East

Blogger: Gena Correale-Wardle, Community Fundraising Officer

Beaches. No, I’m not being un-PC and derogatory in a Mexican accent. Neither am I talking about the weepy with Bette Midler. I’m talking about that age-old combination of sand and sea. The thing holiday memories are made of along with the scent of chip grease and vinegar and the crunch of sand in your sandwiches.

I love going to the beach. I love…

• Going big for Conservation

Blogger: Sarah Green, Project Coordinator - Natura People Partnership Project  

We are very pleased to announce that Agellus Hotels have become the first corporate members for Minsmere!

Corporate membership for Minsmere is a new initiative we have developed for Suffolk businesses (or perhaps businesses beyond Suffolk who particularly Minsmere).  We have been offering opportunities for businesses to support the whole R…

• Beginners Guide to: CAP, Europe and Wildlife Friendly Farming

Blogger: Adam Murray, Communications Officer

Things to talk to your mates about this weekend over take-out food - what is David Cameron up to at the moment in Europe?

Download our attached Frequently Asked Questions document on the subject and give us a shout if you have any more questions.

• Simon Says: This isn’t about rich or poor, big or small

Blogger: Simon Tonkin, RSPB Senior Farmland Conservation Officer

For those of you taking an interest in the latest developments in wildlife friendly farming and the EU Budget, let me reassure you, the current CAP system does have a good element about it; namely in the form of agri-environment schemes.

These Schemes pay for wildlife improvements, soil and water protection and the conservation of historic sites.…

• All aboard...

As i pulled into the quayside there was a strong coastal smell. Rich, salty seaweed, damp wood from the pier, and pungent shellfish remains from the cockle van parked up at a jaunty angle. The enigmatic herring gull soundtrack was faint on this particular morning, but it was there none the less.

This trip was a first for me. I was heading out on an old sailing barge called Victor to see the wildlife of the Stour Estuary…

• TIME FOR ACTION: Funding fears for wildlife-friendly farming

Blogger: Paul Forecast, RSPB Regional Director in the East

" Over the past 40 years Europe has lost 300 million birds and in just the past 15 years we have lost 70% of European grassland butterflies.  Farmland wildlife remains in crisis.  Following proposals released yesterday, the situation will get a lot worse unless leaders make the right decisions next week on the 22 & 23 November."

This year sees the…

• Choose life; wear a poppy

I don’t know whether I can write about Remembrance Sunday. As a subject it is so full of meaning and so full of feeling that I wonder if I can do it justice. Yet here I am and here are my words; I only hope that they can do enough.

You see poppies everywhere at this time of year. On the tunic of a glittering Zoe Ball as she tells us, bouncing and beaming, of the winners and losers in this week’s Strictly Come Dancing…

• From Norway with Love

Blogger: Lauren Harris, Futurescapes Support Officer

So, what do we talk about in our little offices on a Monday morning catch up with colleagues? Lots of things, but this Monday we talked about the influx of migrant birds coming off the continent onto our little piece of rock. The most impressive of these were the 21,100 redwings that were spotted at the Spurn Bird Observatory on Monday 22 October 2012. For those of…

• Are you up for a challenge?

Blogger: Sarah Green, Project Coordinator - Natura People Partnership Project

What’s your everyday job?  Do you spend a lot of time in the office, reading a computer screen?  Would you like to spend a day in the great outdoors, away from the air con system, breathing fresh air in spectacular scenery?

If you said yes then we’ve got a fabulous opportunity for you!

We are offering team challenges at 19 East…

• Remember, remember ...?

In case it has been erased from your memory or you are in desperate denial about the turning of the seasons, there is no  escaping that it is bonfire night this weekend!

The sky will be adorned with that healthy orange glow of bonfires and fireworks and we will all be testing out our vocal chords with chimes of oooohs and ahhhhs!

I for one will probably be snuggled up on my sofa with a hot mug of tea, watching from…

• You can take the girl out of London

Blogger: Laura White, PA to Public Affairs Manager

I was surfing the net the other night, as you do, when I came across a Facebook group dedicated to my part of London. It was entitled the real East Enders. I began to read the odd post and then realised that I knew quite a few of the people who were posting. I also knew a lot of the people they were talking about, and the memories came flooding back.

By some miracle…