This Valentine’s Day, I’ve got something I’m really excited about. It’s the return of The Climate Coalition’s ‘For the love of’ campaign.

For about a year, The Climate Coalition has been asking us to share photos and messages of what you love and want to save from climate change, and for many of you this means the wildlife and special places we share the UK and our world with.

Well, next week, For the love of returns with #showthelove, asking you to use green hearts to share what you love this Valentine’s Day. From large green hearts you can write on to smaller origami ones you can make yourself, we’re going  to turn Valentine’s Day green in an outpouring of love for the climate and the things that depend on it.

There’ll be tweets galore and a special, Give the Love tool you can use to send an e-card with what you love wrapped inside a green heart.

All of this is, of course, in the run-up to a critical climate change conference in Paris in December, and helping to create  the backdrop of a wave of international action to reduce emissions, change our energy systems and adapt to climate change’s impacts.

Because as we know, climate change is one of the greatest threats to the future of birds and wildlife.

So I hope you can get Show the love next week. And I also hope you can save the date for 17 June, when we’ll be playing our part  in The Climate Coalition for the largest ever climate lobby of the UK parliament, to MPs new and old, and the new Government too, that we want them to show the love for our climate too and the wildlife it supports (if you'd like more information email my colleague kimberley.matthews@rspb.org.uk).

But right now, if you want to be one of the first to see a super-special, secret Valentine’s gift that The Climate Coalition is waiting to give you, sign up here.

Matt Williams, Assistant Warden, RSPB Snape.