So, what’s the best thing you can do with a bucket?

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been blogging about many of the creative things you can do with a bucket – make a life raft, fashion a lampshade, mould a giant Easter egg, or create a super-sized fat feeder  (my personal favourite).

For the next 9 days there’s clearly only 1 Thing To Do With a Bucket!

After weeks of nervous anticipation, tomorrow Love Nature Week 2012 will finally kick off in England and Wales. Hundreds of volunteers will be out and about from 26 May until 3 June. You’ll see us in your local supermarkets, at garden centres and various town centre. Some nutters (sorry, loyal supporters) have agreed to wear costumes. Others have wisely decided to steer clear of wearing a thick layer of feathers in the hottest weather of the year. But doubtless we’ll all have smiles on our faces!

So, what’s the best thing you can do with a bucket this week? Well, raise some cash for the RSPB of course! Last year we raised nearly £35,000 during Love Nature Week. We want to top that this year so that even more money can go towards saving nature on our doorstep.

Thank you to everyone who’s taking part in a collection. Thank you for stepping up for nature. Best of luck and happy collecting!

Find out more about our collections and to sign up for a future collection at www.rspb.org.uk/bucketcollections

2012 is the RSPB’s ‘Year of the Bucket’. In honour of the RSPB’s Big Yellow Fundraising Buckets, I’m writing a list of 101 Things to Do with a Bucket and I want your suggestions. Share them by posting a comment or Twittter #101buckets . Tweet me directly @RSPBMidlands