The 2012 and 2013 Loch Garten Group Awards Thread

Yesterday mims made me a rather lovely award in the form of this picture. It got me thinking that since TPTB habitually ignore the Loch Garten Group when it comes to any form of recognition then we might as well do our own awards since it is the end of the season.

I was thinking along the lines of highlighting the five posters that each person feels did most this year to make the Loch Garten Group the lovely place it has been.

Mind you the only problem is that there are a lot more than five people who have made the Loch Garten Group what it is.

Here are some of my thoughts about those who come to mind.

1. Alan Petrie for his never ending quest to bring us the latest osprey news

2. Sue C for her wonderful tracking threads

3. scylla   for her endless recording of the camera

4. moffer for recording and identifications

5. June for her excellent stewardship of the Gabfest

6. Keith Rogers for his endless explanation

7. Black Jaguar for his wonderful bike ride

8. Diane for administering the Weekly thread

9. Annette for her long term contribution

10 Patily for her summaries under the most difficult of circumstances

11. ChloeB for her charts

I could go on and on but I think people get the idea. So pehaps people should think hard about who you want to highlight. So let us have some feedback.

• Can't possibly leave out our TIGER...

• Rachel R said:

Can't possibly leave out our TIGER...

Hear hear!!  Rachel - TIGER himself should be at the top of the list, for me.

• I dont like to pick out individuals as everyone has had a part to play in the complex mix of enjoyment and support that we all get from this group.

• You are right too, ALAN - though I am sorry that my post sounded as if you should not be at the top '-)   - maybe if I thought about it, I would come up with at least 25-30 individuals I could name who have added to my enjoyment.

• Unknown said:

I dont like to pick out individuals as everyone has had a part to play in the complex mix of enjoyment and support that we all get from this group.

I agree with you Alan. Neither do I.

Many thanks from me to you ALL for being such a lovely group and a pleasure to be with, but please, please, don't put me on an award list for doing something I enjoy...or ask me to select some people above others. Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket, please don't be offended, and thank you Tiger, but this just isn't for me.

• Thank you for your acknowledgement Tiger :o) but like Chloe, I don't need an award for doing something that I love to do. Scylla is the video Queen. Thank you Scylla for all your hard work, and as for the other people nominated, I can't choose between them as they have all played a vital role this year. 99.9% of the posts have been informative, supportive and enjoyable, and I for one feel lucky to be a small part of such a lovely, friendly group. That is reward enough for me.

• Wherever do I start?  Moffer, both yourself and Scylla surely get the 'Got It Covered' award for your total coverage of the nest and the goings on!  Cirrus gets the award for greeting everybody by name, she's so cool.  Tiger and Chloe can have the 'Fount of Knowledge' award for being, well, founts of knowledge.  The most important award, though, 'Making Newbies Welcome' can go to everybody - I've really enjoyed this season and can't wait for 2013!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hazel b said:

I thought Patily was a he?  I could be wrong.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Limpy has asked me to mention Patily for his kindness and excellent summaries, and TBoL and Lindybird for their sense of humour.

• Clare Bailey said:

I thought Patily was a he?  I could be wrong.

[/quote]

Patily is a woman.