Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON (on Friday).

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I meant to tell you all this story.

Early last week, during the very high winds, I had to go north for groceries. I was unloading my shopping and struggling to walk in the gales. I saw R.T. Hawk and his pale mate (the red-tailed hawk pair) riding the thermals together.

R.T. started to glide over the creek toward town, and then he saw me watching him. He circled all the way back and flew right toward me. He turned into the wind and pumped his wings, so that he was hovering in one place right above me. He looked at me in the eyes for several seconds! Then he turned and flew on his way. I don't know what made him fly over to see me.

I haven't seen any hawk juveniles around this year.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Nokota Wild Horses on the prairie in North Dakota
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Be sure to check back to the end of last week's thread to see some beautiful photos by Lindy.

I love those painted fish, Lindy. Those are lovely scenic pics, too.

• Evening all:  Tired tonight - a long drive with all four seasons thrown in, including hail and snow, though not enough to slow us down. Clear tonight and looks good for tomorrow's shorter driver.

Thank you Diane! Nice story about RT Hawk; maybe he thought you'd brought him a treat.

Lindybird: Lovely pix!

Hitting the sack now. Thanks all for posts. Have a good Sunday.

• Good Morning, and Thanks to DIANE for starting the thread off again, and with such a beautiful pic of the wild horses.

ANNETTE - Good to hear from you, it must have been an effort to come on & post when you're so weary. Nice that it's a shorter drive today, take care.

Bright sunshine here this morning, but glittering jewel-like frost, on our bathroom window.

Just watching a very sad report of the final loss of the last Golden Eagle in England, in the Lake District.

• ps.  Love your RT Hawk story!  Maybe he likes to keep track of where you are!

• Unknown said:
    Early last week, during the very high winds, I had to go north for groceries. I was unloading my shopping and struggling to walk in the gales. I saw R.T. Hawk and his pale mate (the red-tailed hawk pair) riding the thermals together.

R.T. started to glide over the creek toward town, and then he saw me watching him. He circled all the way back and flew right toward me. He turned into the wind and pumped his wings, so that he was hovering in one place right above me. He looked at me in the eyes for several seconds! Then he turned and flew on his way. I don't know what made him fly over to see me.

He either really likes you or he's full of testosterone and showing off to his mate!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning, all!  I've just read the unbelievable news that Brian Johnston is leaving AC/DC and is being replaced by.......Axl Rose.  It's very hard to try and get my head round this!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I thought I'd read it wrong, Clare, when I saw it yesterday!

• LOL, Lindy!

• Good Morning Everyone.

Thank you for starting the week Diane and for the lovely horse photograph. I think RT would now recognise you, wherever you are.

I need to catch up with your posts, again. We had a funeral to attend and OH also had a biopsy on scar inside his mouth. He has two stitches and can only eat soft food for a week or so. He also had a disturbed night, as he has reflux this morning !!!

We are just going to see friend, who has returned home, after two weeks in hospital. Nothing has been decided about her heart problem yet. 

• Clare Bailey said:

He either really likes you or he's full of testosterone and showing off to his mate!

Could be both, I reckon, Clare. LOL!
    The hawks should have chicks by now, unless their nest failed this year.