Daily Update ~ Loch Garten Nest ~ Monday, 11 May 2015

Just noticed it is Monday. It is my honor to start the new thread. Though I have not had much to contribute this season, I am nevertheless moved by the circumstances and events in the last week, not the least of which is the return of our dear ODIN.

Yesterday began with most of us resigning ourselves to OC (Orange Chest) being the new dominant male of the nest, especially after he kicked 2 eggs out of the nest, and destroyed the third in the nest cup. However, though EJ eventually accepted fish from him, she nevertheless refused to mate with him, shrugging him off time after time. Today OC brought a good sized brown trout to the nest, but promptly took off, after which a brief view of the chasing "intruder" was seen on the nest. This chasing "intruder" looked like ODIN, first mentioned by scylla, and commented upon similarly by other posters such as Moffer and Lindybird among others. Here is scylla's video of the fish and its disappearance followed by an osprey looking very much like Odin.

He did not return until late at night, caught by this video by BirdieNumNum, to our delight. We dearly hope to see him return victorious in the daylight.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs