• Wildlife watching on Lewis

RSPB Scotland project officer for the Western Isles, Victoria Anderson, has this new blog about wildlife watching on Lewis.

Wildlife watching on Lewis

Any visit to the Western isles must include a trip to our hidden gem of a reserve at Loch na Muilne near Arnol on the Isle of Lewis. In recent days after a long wet and windy winter the reserve has sprung into life.  

Loch na Muilne

Wildlife watching on Lewis is hard…

• For the love of... Dunes

RSPB Scotland Nature Recovery Officer, James Silvey, has this new blog on climate change and the wildlife that could be lost to it.

For the love of... Dunes

At school in the 90’s it was called global warming, the planet was heating up and cartoons showed the earth trapped, sweating in a greenhouse to illustrate the peril. We now know there is much more to climate change than warming temperatures and rising sea levels…

• What to see in Scotland this month IV

Better late than never as the old saying goes. Here's our blog on the wildlife to look out for across Scotland in April.

What to see in Scotland this month IV

Personally I don’t think there are many good reasons to get up and out of the house before dawn. If someone mentions it, my first reaction is usually to shudder at the mere thought.

Black grouse, Andy Hay

As you can probably tell I’m not really a…

• Travel the Trossachs

Jenny Tweedie, from RSPB Scotland, has this new blog on The Great Trossachs Path opening between Callander and Inversnaid.

Travel the Trossachs

I’m probably not what you might call massively outdoorsy. I love nature, and I love being out in nature, but I don’t particularly like having to make too much of an effort to get there. And I suspect I’m not alone.

For those of us who think that gaiters…