I ddarllen y blog yma yng Nghymraeg, cliciwch yma os gwelwch yn dda

All life on earth depends on water - plants, wildlife, humans – it is the one basic lifeline we all have in common. We all know how special it is to catch a glimpse of wildlife in its element – otters chattering and playing in the rivers, curlews calling across the moors, seeing the coots’ familiar bobbing head as it glides across a pond – all of this wildlife, just like us, needs clean water to live on and enjoy. Water companies like Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water and Severn Trent Water also depend on nature. Providing clean water and removing waste relies on nature and has a huge effect on the wildlife and landscapes we love. So in order to make sure our beautiful landscapes and wildlife are cared for, water companies need to take pro-active action for them. We know that freshwater species in the UK are in trouble. The State of Nature 2016 report stated that 13% of freshwater species in the UK are at risk of extinction, and we all have a role to play in ensuring a future for these species. You can do your bit by asking your water company to do theirs – simply ask them to do #More4Nature with a tweet.

Individuals like you have a huge role to play in encouraging water companies to invest more in nature and the environment. Water companies will be drawing up their 2020-2025 business plans in the coming months, which will outline how they will spend customer money. A total of £3bn is expected to be spent in Wales on water and environmental management meaning the opportunities are huge. How the money is spent depends on what you, the customer, want.

By simply tweeting a water-related selfie and tagging your water company along with the #More4Nature hashtag, you will give water companies the green light to do more for nature.

The #More4Nature campaign follows the launch on 18 May of the first ever ‘Blueprint for Periodic Review (PR) 19 in Wales’ document where a partnership of 28 Non-Governmental Organisations called on water companies in Wales to invest more in nature to help people, wildlife and the environment.

The #More4Nature campaign is an opportunity for you to join us in speaking up for nature and make change happen. All we ask is for the selfies to be water-related. These could be you by a lake or river, taking a wild swim, or even brushing your teeth! Here are some examples of the type of tweets and images that will help the water companies do #More4Nature:

• I want @dwrcymru to do #More4Nature in their 2020-25 business plan @ofwat.
  • I’m supporting @RSPBCymru call for @stwaterto do #More4Nature @ofwat.
  • I’m supporting the @waleslink Blueprint for PR19 in Wales. I want @stwater to do #More4Nature @ofwat.

If your water is supplied by Dwr Cymru then please tweet @dwrcymru, if you are supplied by Dee Valley Water or Severn Trent Water please tweet @stwater. As Dee Valley are currently in the process of being taken over by Severn Trent Water. If you are unsure who your water company is this map can help you identify your provider - http://www.water.org.uk/consumers/find-your-supplier. You could also make your voice heard with the water company regulator by adding @ofwat to your message. If you’re not on Twitter, you can still ask your water companies to do #More4Nature by contacting your respective supplier by email, phone or online.

We depend on water companies, they depend on nature, and nature depends on us! It’s so important that we do this, to ensure future generations can enjoy our beautiful natural world in an even better state than it is in today. So get contacting your water companies to do #More4Nature today!

The campaign will run until 1 August. For more guidelines on how to take part in the #More4Nature campaign, follow @RSPBCymru or facebook RSPB Cymru.