Owl Rescue and Release

On Sunday I was enjoying watching a Barn Owl on the hunt at RSPB Greylake, Somerset. To my horror it flew across the field and straight into the side of a vehicle on the A361. I ran to where I thought it should be and found it stunned and struggling to fly. I managed to carefully catch it and took it along to Secret World, where the initial check over revealed no broken wings. Yesterday he was given a test flight and the all clear from the vet, and I was contacted to be told and I was asked if I could release him back to where he came from. Happy Owl, Happy Days.
Parents
  • On looking out of the kitchen window 4 days ago I spotted a pair of long tailed tits in the garden, this was a lovely surprise as these were the first long tailed tits I've spotted in the garden. I watched them for a while as they came closer to the kitchen window and to my amazement noticed them nesting about 1m away from the window ! It seems the success rate for long tailed tits is very low so will keep you all updated as to what happens, fingers crossed all will be fine.

Kind regards
    Rob

My Flickr photos link HERE

Comment
  • On looking out of the kitchen window 4 days ago I spotted a pair of long tailed tits in the garden, this was a lovely surprise as these were the first long tailed tits I've spotted in the garden. I watched them for a while as they came closer to the kitchen window and to my amazement noticed them nesting about 1m away from the window ! It seems the success rate for long tailed tits is very low so will keep you all updated as to what happens, fingers crossed all will be fine.

Kind regards
    Rob

My Flickr photos link HERE

Children
No Data