The Sea !

Hi all, don't know about you but the one place I love to be near is the sea, the one place I can sit for hours just watching it, the one place I feel at piece with myself and contemplate life itself.

I am no Photographer but here are a few I have taken quiet recently. Feel free to put your sea pictures on here.

I thank you ;-)

You can almost smell it.

Feed The Birds....not the cats!!!!

I know....my spelling's crap !!

• I was quite chuffed to get the pic Robbo and pleased  Linda popped in to let you know it was the tower.I just wish i knew what those little birds were they were amazing but so fast and they never seemed to land.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Had some great times down the beach over the hols + thought that I'd share them here!!

Crudden Bay Aberdeenshire

DS2+4 at Barnes Ness E Lothian

The edge of the Craig the coast with NBerwick law there, on the way to the Bass Rock!

Oh there was a very happy osprey on the Sula II that day!

For you BR a light house on the Bass - I was there when there were still light house keepers living there!! Saw them enjoying the 'sun' when I was v young!!

The isles of the Forth, Fidra, Lamb, Craig + Bass

Fidra at dusk!!

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• Lovely pictures osprey, looks like you had a good bit of weather as well. Thanks for keeping the thread alive it cheers me up no end.

I'm still off work recovering from the opp !!!! a slow process the Dr tells me.....yawn lol

And to top it all i've just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes !!! never mind I am off to the coast on saturday so will try and get some more seascape pictures and plenty of fresh air ;-))

• Oh no the last few didn't appear!!

Sorry that the recovery is slower than you hoped, take it easy, there is no point hurrying these things - nature knows the best pace for you.

To top it all type 2, well any diabetes isn't funny - had it when carrying last tiny. The jabs were ok it was all the holes that I had in my fingers I hated!!

Have a great time on the coast + in the mean time!! Here is Fidra at dusk with another lighthousefor you!!

If you spend enough time down the beach folk get peckish - so freshly picked, by the kids, mussels were on the menu. A bit sandy but that added to the occasion!!

The beach was all ours + only ours!!

What a view to walk back with!! Edin of in the distance, dusk + happily tired kids!! Wonderful + what I hope memories are made off!!

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• Here is a few from the Giant causeway coast line  Antrim Northern Ireland, a fantastic place to holiday.

from the clifftops walk

Stunning views all along this coast

in all kinds of weather

Surf at the Giants Causeway

looking for the rainbow in this

The Giants Causeway "Oh!! I Do like to be beside the seaside"

Regards Mick

Work is for those people that don't Bird-watch!!!!  

• osprey, I love the lighthouse with the wild flowers in the foreground and the mussles on the fire looks great fun.

Grandpaddy, oh mate what stunning pictures. Never been to Ireland (N or S) before but I have friends who go regular and they love the place. They say the Giants Causeway is amazing when you see it in the flesh so to speak.

• B R it really is ,you need to get over here for a holiday the fresh air will aid your recovery (and the Guinness will help it even quicker) let me know when your here and  I will join you on the recovery trail ,so to speak  LOL

Regards Mick

Work is for those people that don't Bird-watch!!!!  

• I'm sorry your recovery is taking more time than you thought - and what a bummer with the diabetes. Sorry chum.

I hope these two will help cheer you up a bit.

South Stack RSPB reserve, Anglesey

Sound of Calf, Isle of Man. Rather him than me.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi Linda, thanks for that.

A cracking shot of the light house and south stack, I could sit there for hours with my bins.

The word "nutter" comes to mind for the geezer in the canoe, bloody good fun I bet though ;-))

•  Sorry from me too Robbo.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .