BBC weather forecasters invent and forecast Category 2000 for next two days.

Screenshots from this morning. Checkout the winds speeds. Those sorts of speeds only occur on the outer planets of our solar system.

Flat calm conditions when I popped out early this morning.

I've reported error to BBC. Let's see how long it takes for them to correct it.

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Country wide, this hurricane. A friend just sent me this screenshot for Letterston.

A mere 18193 mph. Ideal for kite flying.

• BBC got around to posting an explanation; code for 'There's a big computer bug and we're desperately trying to find it and fix it.'

I feel the font should be much, much bigger.

Sadly, many people (like our neighbour) were worried about this erroneous, forecast. They only saw the headline summary of 'Hurricane force winds'. They would also be aware of hurricane Milton, and the media reports of ex-hurricane Kirk bearing down on us with devastating results. Though I think it's already hit us. Bit of damp squib.

How long will it be before a certain congresswoman and ex-president seize on the 'wind speeds currently buffeting and wreaking havoc on the UK' as examples of weather control by Them?

Remember that B-movie, Them! Good laugh, it was.

• Well Angus they haven't fixed it yet ... wind speeds of 492 mph here in East Kent for the forseeable future ... but they have posted an apology saying don't believe what you see!! Hahaha

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr