Robin nesting in my shed

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is where I can ask a question, wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I've been watching a robin for the last few days go in and out of my shed it's definitely building a nest, it's getting in and out through a gap at the top of the door I'm just concerned if it's safe for them to nest in there? Any advice would be appreciated

• Great to hear that its nesting in your shed.

Its probably very safe, as predators like Magpies and cats can't get to the nest. Robins do often nest in sheds.

Just make sure the gap is always maintained and no one disturbs the nest.

• Thank you so much for your reply, I feel reassured I've been feeding them for a while now but I don't know too much about birds, I'll make sure the gap is maintained and they won't be disturbed I've had a good look and thankfully it only looks like a little gap at the top of the door definitely won't be having any predators getting in so they'll be safe. There's been alot of coming and going from the robins again today 

Thank you again 

• Lovely pics thanks Pam, such a little gap it's quite amazing that Robin can get through ... do let us know if you see any fledglings later on?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr